2 States : Spicy Chicken Utthapam
Someone rightly said “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”
There is another adventure when you come across the blending of two cultures… fusion of cultures is not all … there’s something more to the fusions arena’s and we call it the Food Fusions!
Sharing the recipe for Spicy Chicken Utthapam … proves how 2 States can be a true venture to one’s taste buds!
Below are the Ingredients:-
For Utthapam batter
Washed Rice – 2 Cups
Washed Urad Dhal – 1 cup
Fenu greek – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – for grinding
For Chicken Masala
Minced Chicken – ½ kg
Boiled and mashed Potatoes – 2 no
Chopped Onion – 1
Chopped Tomato – 1
Ginger/Garlic/chilli paste – 2 tsp
Oil – 4 tsp
Chicken masala – 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chopped Cilantro – ½ tsp
Pepper – 1 pinch
Salt – to taste
How to Prepare the Uthappam Batter?
- Soak all of the ingredients for batter in the given quantities for at least 8 hours. Overnight procedure works the best for soaking.
- Grind all of the ingredients in a grinder and add sufficient water taking care of the consistency of the batter.
- Add a pinch of Salt
- Let it ferment in a warm place.
How to Prepare the Chicken Masala?
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Add finely chopped Onions and sauté.
- Add Tomato, Ginger, Garlic, Chili paste
- Add some Chicken Masala along with Chili powder, Coriander powder and Turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook with the lid on simmer mode for two minutes.
- Time to add the minced chicken and fold it well in the Masala
- Add Black Pepper, Salt to taste and Garnish it with finely chopped Cilantro.
Spicy Chicken Utthapam Preparation Method
- Heat the Dosa Non stick Pan with a little oil and pour one heaped ladle of Uthappam batter and spread it circle like.
- Add a little oil around the Utthapam and cook on simmer for exactly three minutes.
- Time to spread the prepared Chicken Masala Wisely on top of your Utthapam.
- Garnish with the finely chopped coriander leaves and Chili flakes and serve hot with your choice of chutney or the chicken gravy along with Butter.
This is our personal pick of the 2 states. What’s your’s?
Let’s Rouge Up !
Sheetal is a happy go lucky girl who loves to explore new things. She's been a writer for more than seven years and is a social media addict. Besides Social Media Marketing she loves to take up art and singing for her leisure time!
Loved the uniqueness of the recipe. Beautiful pics. I am sure going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.. :)Sharing this on Twitter too..